TY Physics Experience TCD
Each year the school can nominate two students to participate in TCD’s School of Physics Transition Year Physics Experience programme (TYPE).
If successful students will
- Attend introductory lectures in Physics with other TYPE students.
- Take part in Physics experiments in different laboratories.
- Visit Birr Castle and take in the Interactive Science Centre, the great Telescope and Trinity’s LOFAR installation
- Carry out a Physics project with other TYPE students.
- Learn about careers in Physics
- Improve their computational skills
- Interact with students and research scientists working in Trinity College.I
In 2015/16 Roisin McAteer and Muireann McAuliffe attended.
Roslyn Cuffe-Kelly and Mary Tiernan attended TCD’s Physics & Astrophysics Day on 2 March 2017.
Michelle Power & May McCarthy are attending TCD’s Physics & Astrophysics Day on 1 March 2018.