UCC Prep for Med 2022
For the past 10 years the School of Medicine has run the very successful ‘Prep for Med’ day for transition year secondary school students from across the region. The day was originally aimed at TY students who may be considering a career in medicine but also specifically at the career guidance teachers who would accompany them to visit both BHSC and CUH. The day has proved very popular with students, and now features widely among school diaries and social media. A selection of the videos from the day can be seen below:
For 2020/21 UCC decided to expand it to the schools of the College of Medicine and Health
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing & Midwifery
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Clinical Therapies (OT , Speech & Language Therapy)
- School of Dentistry
- School of Public Health
The event was fully virtual event where:
Each school from the college had a one-hour slot.
- The first 30 minutes involved a tour around the facilities used at the university.
- The second 30 minutes switched to CUH where a specialist working in that specific clinical area described what it is like to be a specialist in their field.
- Questions from students were invited in advance and answered by the relevant university or clinical representative.
For 2021/22 the popular Prep for Med is provisionally scheduled for mid-March 2022 and again will be virtual!